Tuesday 23 April 2013

DIY Laundry Sorter

Laundry Sorter DIY
Dark, lights, colours, delicates, underwear, that red sweater aunt Marta gave you that sheds on everything. Laundry deserves an organization system too!




I tried to solve my laundry sorting problems by purchasing a laundry sorter. As soon as I got it home I realized it took up too much space, and besides, it looked like I had three burlap sacks hanging out in the corner of my room.
 








 
Finally I came up with a simple solution, I don't know why I didn't think of it sooner.


I used my old laundry hamper (he lost his handles sometimes around move number three), a couple of wooden dowels, some large pins and a couple of worn pillow cases.









I picked these pins up at Walmart for pretty cheap. They're actually nail-on furniture glides, so they're very durable.  Push a pin through each side of the hamper where you would like to place a divider.

I left space between my dividers for another small bag of delicates or anything else that needs to be separated from darks and lights.

I bought one dowel and cut it to fit my hamper.
Push a pin into your dowel. The easy way to do this is to make a small indentation in the dowel with the pin then place the pin (head down) on the floor and hammer your dowel onto it.






Cut square holes on the inside of your pillow cases near the top. One hole should be near the seam and the other should be far enough away to cover your dowel. It's best to cut one hole and then size up your hamper before you cut the other hole - you'll want to have enough to fold over the sides of your hamper.


Once you've made the second hole you can put the dowel through the pillowcase and push the pins into each side.

Pull the rest of the pillow case over the sides of your hamper.

Repeat for the other pillowcase.

I like to secure my pillowcases with a binder clip just to keep everything neat and tidy.

 The pillow cases can easily be removed by slipping them off from one side
(makes a great laundry bag).

There you go! 
Darks on the right and lights on the left and space in the middle for delicates.


2 comments:

  1. StorageManiac Laundry Hamper Sorter from Bizarkdeal

    Awesome product! Awesome Value! StorageManiac has crafted an awesome laundry cart. I’ve got a busy household and a ton of laundry to do every week. This 3-bin cart allows me to sort the laundry as we go each day. The heavy duty removable bins I can just dump into the washer and go. Industrial framework and rolling casters allow me to move a large and heavy amount of laundry around with ease. I can roll it from room to room and even roll it out on to the patio to hang laundry on the line. I can sort the clean laundry into the separate bins for everyone to put away as laundry is finished. The bins are very easy to clean and maintain. Assembly is a breeze. I do recommend using a power driver to assemble to save some time as the bolts are very long. Over all this product is a great and has a very nice price tag. Budget friendly all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The best laundry bags with the descent looking for the keeping our home really clean and decorative within these things. Thank you for these useful share.

    Buy Wardrobe Online | Buy Laundry Sorter online| Buy Step Ladder Online

    ReplyDelete